Wednesday 21st January 2015, 10:00am – 12:00noon
Jubilee room, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
Add in your content here. Tees Valley Unlimited (TVU) and the Carbon Capture and Storage Association (CCSA) hosted an event to provide an update on the Teesside industrial CCS project as we look forward to the year ahead. The event provided an opportunity to introduce the new Teesside Collective brand and set out our vision of transforming Tees Valley into Europe’s first CCS equipped industrial zone.
- Speakers at the event included:
- Sandy Anderson OBE (Chairman, Tees Valley Unlimited)
- Luke Warren (Chief Executive, CCS Association)
- Dr David Lockyer (Tonnage Account Manager, BOC)
- Dan Osgood (Director, Department of Energy & Climate Change)
Four energy intensive Teesside firms are involved as ‘anchor projects’ – BOC, Lotte Chemical, SSI UK and GrowHow – all of whom face stiff competition internationally and the prospect of escalating carbon permit prices in the future.